History

Junction, the county seat of Kimble County, is located at the intersection of Highways 83/377 and Intersate 10. It is named for its location at the confluence of the North and South Llano rivers.  Junction was founded in the spring of 1876 following the organization of Kimble County in January of that year.  It was originally named "Denman" after its surveyor, but became "Junction City" in 1877 and then simply "Junction" in 1894.  Junction City won the role of county seat from Kimbleville in late 1876, after the first county court session. Kimbleville was an unsuccessful settlement probably because it was subject to floods.

Read more here

mofuse.com